Team Lead Youth Training
We have an exciting opportunity for a Team Lead Youth Training to join our team at YOUth INSPIRE.
The role is full time and is based in Lower Hutt.
YOUth INSPIRE is a not-for-profit trust that provides meaningful and successful pathways into education, training and employment for young people between the ages of 18-24.
We are seeking a professional experienced youth trainer that can develop and deliver education resources and lead a team of Youth Advisors to deliver Youth Employability Programme – Licence to Work. This programme has been created by COMET (Community of Education Trust Te Hononga Akoranga) and co-designed with government education agencies and the business sector. You will need to be passionate about supporting youth into education, training and employment and be relatable to our young people.
Key skills required:
- Experience developing and delivering youth education programmes
- The ability to relate to our rangatahi
- Able to lead, support and mentor a team of Youth Advisors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to be able to network with stakeholders, community organisations
- Effective time management – you can effectively prioritise your work and meet timeframes
- High levels of confidentiality
- Resilience and the ability to see past objections to identify underlying issues
- Technology savvy – you are comfortable using a range of office systems and tools
- Group facilitation expertise is essential to developing and delivering our Youth Employability skills programme
A relevant tertiary qualification in Education or Youth Development is essential and you do need to have previously worked with youth for a minimum of 5 years. If you have the passion to make a difference for young people and you have the key skills required for the role, we would love to hear from you.
A Police check and a full driver’s license is required for this role – please do not apply if you will not meet these criteria.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
To apply please send through your CV with a covering letter telling us why you are interested in this role. Send to: email@example.com
Job Description: JD Team Lead Youth Training June 2019