We are currently recruiting for an Employment Pathway Advisor.
Employment Pathway Advisor
We have an exciting opportunity for an Employment Pathway Advisor to join our team at YOUth INSPIRE.
The role is permanent full-time and is based in Lower Hutt.
YOUth INSPIRE is a not-for-profit trust that provides meaningful and successful pathways into education, training and employment for Rangatahi between the ages of 18-24.
Our Youth Employability Programme – Licence to Work has successfully transitioned a number of Rangatahi into employment and our Road Ready Rangatahi Driving School provides courses for Learner, Restricted and Full Driver Licences.
You will need to have worked in a professional capacity for at least four years and have proven practical skills and knowledge that will help our Rangatahi transition into the world of work. You may have experience in recruitment, training or education, or you maybe passionate about making a positive difference in the lives of others.
Key skills required:
- Has proven ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Can identify and address the barriers for youth, which will enable them to enter the workforce, education, and training
- Able to teach and support youth with CV and cover letter writing, as well as how to job search and apply for jobs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Accurate record-keeping
- Excellent coordination skills
- Proven ability to build strong relationships – you will work with local high schools, stakeholders and community organisations
- Effective time management – you can effectively prioritise your work and meet timeframes
- High levels of confidentiality
- Resilience and the ability to see past objections to identify underlying issues
- Technology savvy – you are comfortable using a range of office systems and tools
- Confidence in speaking or presenting in group situations
If you are solutions focussed and action-based we want to hear from you.
A Police check and a full driver’s license is required for this role – please do not apply if you will not meet these criteria.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
To apply please send through your CV with a covering letter telling us why you are interested in this role. Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org