YOUth Inspire are leading the collaboration with Lower Hutt businesses, educators and training providers to create a youth employment strategy that can build stronger career pathways for young people.
“We can’t afford to not help our young people find their direction. Young people are our future” – Lower Hutt Mayor Ray Wallace told business leaders at the breakfast.
- To develop a youth employment strategy
- Broaden opportunities for young people to enter trades, apprenticeships and industry-based employment
- Provide a work readiness and employability skills programmes for young people
- Reduce the gap between businesses, educators and young people
- Develop tool-kit for businesses to become youth-friendly employers