Learner Licence Programme
Youth Inspire’s Learner Licence Programme provides rangatahi with a better understanding of the road code and assists young people to sit their learner licence with greater confidence.
- It is a 5 day course for 16 to 24 year olds
- Course participants will sit the Learner Driver Licence test on day 5
- This course includes the fundamentals of the Road Code, and key road safety elements
Restricted Licence Programme
Youth Inspire is excited to announce the launch of Road Ready Rangatahi – a Driving School to help young people gain their Restricted Driver Licence.
Youth Inspire will:
- Facilitate a group of learner drivers through a cycle of driving practice of up to 12 weeks.
- Each driver will be allocated a volunteer mentor who is trained and supported by a professional driving instructor. The mentor will coach the learner driver while they practice in a car provided by the programme.
- Each driver will also have professional driving lessons with a qualified driving instructor, which their volunteer mentor will attend to help identify any skills that need improving. The professional lessons occur at the beginning, middle and end of the cycle, and are used to assess the learner’s progress and readiness to sit their Restricted Driver Licence test.
- Ideally each learner driver should aim to have 120 hours of supervised driving practice before sitting the test. Learner drivers need to arrange some supervised practice with their family/whanau to build up the total of 120 hours.
Note: If you are assessed as having well developed driving skills, your time on the programme may be shorter than outlined above.
Volunteer now to help our rangatahi get road ready
Our driving programmes are kindly supported by Waka Kotahi NZTA and Value Motors, Lower Hutt