Restricted Driving Programme Coordinator
ROAD READY RANGATAHI DRIVING SCHOOL
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced coordinator to join our team at YOUth INSPIRE.
This is a fixed term role for 6 months, with potential for the role to become permanent for the right person, working 20 hours per week based in Lower Hutt. The hours of work and location will be flexible.
YOUth INSPIRE is a not-for-profit trust that provides meaningful and successful pathways into education, training and employment for young people between the ages of 16-24.
One of the biggest barriers to employment for young people is not having a driver licence. The Road Ready Rangatahi Driving School provides programmes that enable our rangatahi to gain their Learner and Restricted Driver licences. We are seeking a proactive, energetic and highly organised coordinator to take over running our Restricted Driving Programme. You will have the proven ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with the community and with rangatahi.
Key skills required:
- Strong organisational ability
- Builds and maintains great relationships with rangatahi as well as across different sectors
- Recruitment, training and management of up to 20 volunteer mentor drivers
- Able to coordinate multiple elements to ensure activities run smoothly and efficiently
- Effective time management – you can effectively prioritise your work and meet timeframes
- Technology savvy – you are comfortable using a range of office systems and tools
- Team player – your proven ability to work as part of a team will set you apart from other applicants
- A full clean driver licence (held for a minimum of 2 years)
Previous professional experience for a minimum of 2 years in a coordination role is essential. If you have the passion to make a difference for young people in your community and you have the key skills required for the role, we would love to hear from you.
A Police check and a full driver’s license is required for this role – please do not apply if you will not meet these criteria.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
To apply please send through your CV with a covering letter telling us why you are interested in this role. All enquiries to email@example.com