We have an exciting opportunity for a Youth Advisor to join our team at YOUth INSPIRE.
The role is full time and is based in Lower Hutt.
YOUth INSPIRE is a not-for-profit trust that provides meaningful and successful pathways into education, training and employment for young people between the ages of 18-24.
We are seeking a proactive, energetic, creative and passionate Youth Advisor, who is relatable to our young people, who can encourage and support them into education, job related training, or employment. This position will assist in the development and delivery of the YOUth INSPIRE programmes.
Key skills required:
• The ability to relate to our rangatahi, as you will be working with multiple rangatahi who are at varying stages of their YOUth INSPIRE journey
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to be able to network with stakeholders, community organisations and businesses
• Effective time management – you can effectively prioritise your work and meet timeframes
• High levels of confidentiality
• Resilience and the ability to see past objections to identify underlying issues
• Technology savvy – you are comfortable using a range of office systems and tools
• Group facilitation experience preferred to deliver employability skills programme
• Team player – your proven ability to work as part of a team will set you apart from other applicants
A relevant tertiary qualification in Education, Youth Development or Social Work would be a plus, but not essential, however you do need to have previously worked with youth in some capacity. If you have the passion to make a difference for young people in your community and you have the key skills required for the role, we would love to hear from you.
A Police check and a full driver’s license is required for this role – please do not apply if you will not meet these criteria.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
To apply please send through your CV with a covering letter telling us why you are interested in this role.
For a Job Description please email: firstname.lastname@example.org