Do you want to be part of a team that sees our rangatahi thrive?
YOUth INSPIRE is committed to supporting the individual needs of young people in Te Awakairangi and we are looking for a Kaimahi to provide intensive support and aroha for young people who need it the most. This role is an 18 month fixed term position that needs a registered Social Worker to support our youth through innovative and insightful ways. Our goal is for our rangatahi to graduate from the Youth Employability Programme, gain a Driver Licence and transition into mahi. Then we continue to wrap the support around that young person with pastoral care.
For seven years, we have been walking alongside rangatahi teaching them skills, helping them attain qualifications and transitioning them into jobs, training and education. Our vision is “rangatahi mai ki te rangatira” (our youth our future). Our team are action-based, creating opportunities for young people, building positive peer groups to encourage youth participation, guiding our youth to learn their capabilities to develop the confidence to know that they can succeed.
Our practice reflects Manaakitanga (kindness and compassion), Whanaungatanga (connections and relationships) and Kotahitanga (together we lift each other up). We can recognise that rangatahi are our future workforce and we must invest in their future in order to make our communities strong.
- Competence to practice social work with ethnic and cultural groups in Aotearoa.
- Understanding of complex challenges relating to rangatahi aged 15-24 years.
- Ability to demonstrate empathy and affinity with rangatahi.
- Competent kaupapa Māori and/or Pasifika cultural competencies would be an advantage.
- Highly effective interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, including intermediate computer skills.
- Understanding of the Ara Taiohi Code of Ethics and Mana Taiohi principals would be an advantage.
- A tertiary qualification in Social Work
Applicant must hold a Full Driver Licence and be able to pass police vetting and have right to work in New Zealand.
Be part of our grassroots team that changes the lives of rangatahi.
To apply email: firstname.lastname@example.org